Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Nine Tailors by Dorothy Sayers

Someone came up to the circ desk while I was working there today and she was checking out "The Nine Tailors" by Dorothy Sayers. I love Dorothy Sayers, so we got into a conversation about her, and I told her my favorite Sayers novels were the three where Lord Peter gets involved with Harriet Vane (my ultimate favorite is Gaudy Night, in case you are interested.)
 
Luckily for me, the person who was checking out the book didn't mind talking books with me. (Some people tend to look at me as if I'm a crazy person and back away slowly.) She then told me "Oh! I have a book you would love to read! It's by Jasper Fforde. It's called The Eyre Something."
 
So I said "Oh! I love Jasper Fforde! Is it "The Eyre Affair?" It was so, SO nice to talk to someone else who loved that book. It's a hard book to get people to check out because it seems so strange. And it is strange, but it's a great book. In my opinion it's the best book in that series -- the later books didn't quite measure up.

No comments: