Saturday, November 01, 2008

Book lineup

Recent reads:
 
Children of Green Knowe by L. M. Boston.  I enjoyed this kid's book, which I discovered after I'd read the Penderwicks book and was casting around for something similar to read.
 
Janes in Love by Cecil Castellucci and Jim Rugg (graphic novel for teens) -- sequel to The Plain Janes, very satisfying.
 
Good As Lily by Derek Kirk Kim and Jesse Hamm (graphic novel for teens) -- got good reviews, interesting premise, but too many words (and too-small print). Am I getting old and crotchety? I hope not. Probably this is just one of the books that I'd do better reading at another time.
 
Here Lies Arthur by Philip Reeve (kid's book). The tale of young Gwyna, who meets Myrddin (aka Merlin), falls in with Arthur's band and poses as a boy (among other things). I am not finished with this one yet but am quite liking it. I always enjoy Philip Reeve's books.

No comments: