Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Books of late

Snow Flower & the Secret Fan by Lisa See -- yes, I know, I'm 5 years late on reading this one.
 
According to Jane by Marilyn Bryant -- fun chick lit about a woman who shares space inside her head with Jane Austen
 
Forty Words for Sorrow by Giles Blunt -- just couldn't finish this one, even though it was extremely well written -- not after it started telling the story from the serial killers' point of view. Too much bad mental hygiene.
 
Mind Your Manners, Alice Roosevelt by Leslie Kimmelman (picture book) -- Fun
 
Betsy Tacy by Maud Hart Lovelace -- can you believe I never read this? I think I would have loved it as a kid.
 
Sleep While I Sing and A Chill Rain in January, both by L. R. Wright -- not as enjoyable to me as her first novel "The Suspect" because both of these novels involved sociopaths or psychopathic killers and that's just not my thing,

No comments: