Friday, July 13, 2007

The Perfect Thing: how the iPod shuffles commerce, culture, and coolness by Steven Levy

Ever since I read Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution I have been hooked on Steven Levy. This man is terrific at humanizing the people behind technology. I loved Insanely Great, his story about the origins of the Macintosh, and his current book about the iPod revolution is great as well. Here's an interesting factoid: the book was designed with random "chapters" in order to simulate the shuffle function of the iPod.
 
If you love your iPod or even if you are just curious about what all the fuss is about iPods, you'll probably enjoy this interesting and well-written book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried reading this before I had my own iPod, and I couldn't take it (David was reading and recommending it-- he's also a Levy fan and has had an iPod for years). I'd probably like it now, though. I think you have to be a member of the club before you really "get" this book.

--Tara