Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thriller time

I'm still on an escapist thriller kick (get to vicariously kick butt!)

Bad Move and Bad Guys, both by Linwood Barclay -- funny thrillers featuring SF writer/newspaper reporter Zach Walker. I'm looking forward to reading the next ones in the series. Fans of funny thrillers by Carl Hiaasen, Bill Fitzhugh, James Swain, Elmore Leonard should enjoy this author.


Daddy's Girl by Lisa Scottoline. Curse you, Phyllis, for getting me hooked on Scottoline! She writes a really good, interesting thriller and both of the ones I've read so far feature strong female main characters -- terrific reads. My favorite quote from this one is when the main character, Natalie, has a revelation. "As much as she loved teaching, she was beginning to think she wasn't very good at it. Could she really suck at her passion? Women's magazines never admitted this as a possibility." Don't know why, it just struck me as hilarious.


Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen. Okay, not a thriller, but at least a mystery. It was cute, but didn't really do anything special for me (could have just been my mood).

No comments: