Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What I've been reading lately

Presentation Zen by Garr Reynolds - a fantastic book with lots of great tips on how to avoid putting your audience through PowerPoint hell. Too bad it doesn't talk about what to do when you are part of the audience when someone ELSE is presenting a PowerPoint from Hell... wondering whether you will ever get this hour of your life back. Highly recommended - lots to think about, and divided into easily digestible chunks of ideas.
 
The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan - a memoir from the NY Times Bestseller List. I read it on my Kindle. Interesting and engaging, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy another one of her books. I did love her portrayal of her dad, though.
 
The Associate by John Grisham -- this latest Grisham didn't really grip me, and I got bored halfway through and stopped reading. I just didn't find the characters engaging or interesting enough.
 
What I DId For Love by Susan Elizabeth Phillips --  very satisfying romance novel. I do like this author quite a lot.
 
The Dogs of Bedlam Farm - a memoir by Jon Katz. I always enjoy his writing.
 
Kitty Takes a Holiday by Carrie Vaughn - the third book in the Kitty Norville series. Very satisfying. I enjoy the series quite a lot. If you're into werewolves who are also radio talk hosts (and really, isn't everyone?) then you'll like it too.

No comments: