Sunday, January 18, 2009

What I've been reading

I've been bad about recording what I've read lately. And of course now I can't remember half of it. But here are some highlights:
 
The Naked Mole Rat Letters by Mary Amato  (a kid's book - maybe for 5th thru 7th grade - very good)
 
I read just enough of Warriors: Into The Wild by Erin Hunter to understand what the craze among fifth through eighth graders is about, but I've never been that big of a fan of books like that (except Mrs Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert O'Brien - that one was awesome).
 
Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick -- Ms. L, the librarian at Central School, recommended this to me and I loved it!
 
What Were They Thinking?: Crisis Communication -- the Good, the Bad, and the Totally Clueless by Steve Adubato -- a great read, fascinating and I learned a lot.
 
I reread Mistborn: The Final Empire and The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson. Got halfway through rereading the third book, Hero of Ages, before I got distracted. I'll probably go back to it again at some point.
 
I also reread Memory by Lois McMaster Bujold, one of my all-time favorites.
 
Just now I've finished Kitty and the Midnight Hour and Kitty Goes to Washington by Carrie Vaughn -- two very good books about a radio host/werewolf. I really like the characters and the way it's written. It reminds me of the style of writing of Tanya Huff's Blood series (Blood Price being the first one).
 
Here's the sad thing, I know there were a BUNCH of other books that I've read since the last time I posted, but dang if I can remember them. Oh well.
 
Oh, and I can also report that the more I use my Kindle, the more I dislike holding an "actual" book in my hands. Mass-market paperbacks are too hard to hold open with one hand unless you are vicious and break the spine, and large hardcovers tend to be too heavy for me to hold comfortably (what can I say, I have small hands). So.... you can have my Kindle when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!

I reread

No comments: